Thursday, February 5, 2009

I DESIRE: THE LEGEND!


I would like to SHOUTOUT TO MY ACE!! ASHA BRYONNE HILL!!!

On Tuesday I was honored with the opportunity to see MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE ARTIST OF ALL TIME: JOHN LEGEND!!!!!!!!!!


(I can hear the crowd's roar about this great news!!)

When I say that man was great...THAT MAN WAS GREAT!
John (because we are on first name basis) performed at least 25 songs consecutively.
No wardrobe changes (well one...only for dramatic effect) and no water breaks.

He is indeed a true artist!
I know I'm supposed to upload pics and videos from the concert but i was too excited, mesmerized and on cloud 9 that I couldn't focus on capturing anything. That and Asha left her camera in the car :( .

At the concert I realized that more artists need to be more like The Legend. He made a very good point during the show. He said that back in the day (probably the late eighties and nineties) when we had an urge or desire to slow it down and groove we had the harmonies of Jodeci, H-town, Shai etc. But TODAY, YOU PUT ON A LIL' JOHN LEGEND! (This is the moment where I screamed!!!) Where are all the Jodeci's, Boyz II Men's, (old) Dru Hill's, etc. PLEASE COME BACK!
(I'm content with Musiq.)

Another thing I noticed at the concert, was the variety of people. There were Black, White, ASIAN, young, middle-aged and OLD COUPLES. I was astounded at the fact that The Legend brought all of these different people out!!! My heart warmed while I saw the many older couples having a date night and being serenaded by the bravado of The Legend.

Between him and Pres. Barack and Michelle...BLACK LOVE IS BACK!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment